Hello my name is Rumilla.
I am educated to a degree level in Childhood studies and I work extremely well with pre-schoolers.
I have been working in nurseries for nearly 3 years and I love working with babies because it means that I can help to make a positive and effective influence on a child’s development at the earliest opportunity.
My religion has shaped me into a gentle and caring person and I treat everyone with kindness and respect.
I may not be into fashion, food and facial perfection but I do love riddles, rhymes and tongue twisters.
Wee Science recently conducted a study on word learning in some of our nurseries.
Please see the results detailed below or on ‘read more’ (app users)
200g Cous Cous,
Handful of Frozen Peas,
Handful of Sweetcorn,
- Handful of Pomegranate,
1 Tsp Cumin,
1 Tsp Garam Masala,
1 Tsp Coriander,
A Few Knobs of Butter,
1. Dice Onions and Peppers
2. Fry onions in plenty butter then add cumin, coriander and garam masala.
3. Add peppers, fry for a minute, then add the rind and juice of an orange.
4. Add low salt stock and bring to the boil, simmer until peppers are soft.
5. Add frozen peas, sweetcorn and pomegranate seeds and simmer for a further couple of minutes until all vegetables are suitably cooked. (TOP TIP – at this point, the vegetables and liquid can be cooled and refrigerated/frozen until needed. Just return liquid to the boil when using)
6. Pour in couscous, stir and cover for five minutes.
7. Drop a few knobs of butter on top, fluff with a fork and serve.
All of our nurseries are looking at the importance of mindfulness and introducing yoga and mindfulness activities at the beginning of the day and after rest/sleep time.
Studies show this should have a positive effect on the children in their learning and concentration.
For more information, please see the article below or on ‘read more’ (app users).
My name is Monique and I have been at Doune Terrace Nursery for 5 months now completing work experience.
I have loved my time here so far and have recently been employed as a full time member of staff.
I have 2 younger siblings and lots of young cousins who I enjoy looking after, and playing with.
I have enjoyed working in all of the rooms and I am excited to be part of the tweenie team full time.
4 Chicken Breasts,
1 Tbsp Butter,
2 Tsp Nigella Seeds,
2 Tbps Tikka Paste,
300ml Coconut Milk,
2 Sweet Potatoes, cubed and boiled until tender,
200g Frozen Peas,
Coriander to serve,