We are recruiting for a Room Leader to help create a sense of wonder for the children in your care.
You will be responsible for providing a high standard of physical, emotional, social and intellectual care and most importantly for ensuring our children have fun whilst learning in a safe and caring environment.
Specific responsibilities include:
• Supporting children’s education and development
• Leading the planning of safe, creative and appropriate learning opportunities
• Supporting the day to day management of staff including the supervision, monitoring, development and instruction of staff and students
• Ensuring room and equipment is kept in good working order
• Liaising with Parents/Carers
• Ensuring all activity and practices in room adheres to Care Inspectorate and SSSC best practice and Early Days Nurseries policies and procedures.
• Reporting regularly to the Nursery Manager and deputising where required.
Successful applicants will hold a suitable childcare qualification (SVQ3 or equivalent) and will have an interest in pursuing further qualifications. You will have sound experience of working in a nursery or other childcare setting and have a positive, caring, ‘can-do’ attitude.
If you feel that you have the required attitude, skills and experience then please submit an up-to-date CV and covering letter to your manager by 23rd September 2019.
Your covering letter should explain why you feel you would be both suited to and successful in this position.