1 medium onion, finely chopped,
400g potatoes, peeled, halved and cut into thin slices (about 0.5cm),
6 medium eggs, beaten,
1. Add a glug of olive oil to a frying pan over a medium heat and cook the onion until it’s soft and transparent. Meanwhile, parboil the potatoes until soft (This saves having to fry the potatoes for too long)
2. Switch the eggs and add the cooked onion.
3. Add more oil to the pan and cook the potatoes (in batches if necessary) until falling apart.
4. Add the cooked potatoes to the egg mixture.
5. Add more oil to the pan if required and pour the egg/onion/potato mixture back into the frying pan.
5. Allow to cook until its about 2/3 set
6. This is now the tricky bit! Flip to omelette onto a flat board and immediately slide it back into the frying pan, trying to contain as much of the egg liquid as possible. Normally, a Spanish Omelette would be slightly runny in the middle, but for children, ensure the egg is cooked thoroughly before serving.
7. Serve with a crisp salad.