We have received a payment from ‘Design Shore’ for a child’s fees, however no name was attached.
If you recognise this, can you please contact Susan at firstname.lastname@example.org
The Early Days toddlers are loving their new topic on Castles.
We have been using a variety of loose parts materials to create our own 3D models.
We even had a special request for pink play dough to make a princess castle!
The boys and girls at Doune Terrace are so happy to be back at nursery this week!
Thank you to all the parents, from all our nurseries, for your patience and understanding last week.
Roll on Spring!
We have consulted with Police Scotland and on their advice, have taken the decision to keep all of our nurseries CLOSED again on Friday 2nd March as there is still an Amber Warning in place.
For further closure information, updates will be available on Facebook, Our App and the Website.
A Discretionary Housing Payment fund is administered for those households that are on Housing Benefit or Universal Credit Housing Costs and may not be receiving the full amount of their rent, are affected by under occupancy (sometimes known in the press as the ‘bedroom tax’) or require a deposit and/or rent in advance for a new tenancy or assistance with removal costs.
Edinburgh Council are keen to maximise this fund and support as many low income households as possible.
Please see the below link or on ‘read more’ (app users) for more information.
The pre school children at Old Coates House have been enjoying playing at our loose parts play area, exploring all of the resources.
We are using different natural resources which is a great opportunity for the children to use their imagination skills as well as developing their cooperation and communication skills with their friends.
There were lots of conversations had and negotiating on how things should look and the children have been able to listen to their friends views and ideas.
Wee Science recently conducted a study on word learning in some of our nurseries.
Please see the results detailed below or on ‘read more’ (app users)
200g Cous Cous,
Handful of Frozen Peas,
Handful of Sweetcorn,
- Handful of Pomegranate,
1 Tsp Cumin,
1 Tsp Garam Masala,
1 Tsp Coriander,
A Few Knobs of Butter,
1. Dice Onions and Peppers
2. Fry onions in plenty butter then add cumin, coriander and garam masala.
3. Add peppers, fry for a minute, then add the rind and juice of an orange.
4. Add low salt stock and bring to the boil, simmer until peppers are soft.
5. Add frozen peas, sweetcorn and pomegranate seeds and simmer for a further couple of minutes until all vegetables are suitably cooked. (TOP TIP – at this point, the vegetables and liquid can be cooled and refrigerated/frozen until needed. Just return liquid to the boil when using)
6. Pour in couscous, stir and cover for five minutes.
7. Drop a few knobs of butter on top, fluff with a fork and serve.