The following staff are on annual leave during November:
Jenny – 6th to 10th November
Cheryl– 13th to 17th November
Lynda– 13th to 17th November
Courtney – 20th to 24th November
Lara– 27th November to 1st December
Hi my name is Megan, I am 18 years old and I have recently joined the Tweenie Team.
I am going to be working towards my SVQ Level 3.
In my spare time I enjoy socialising with friends doing lots of different activities, shopping, eating out and going to the cinema.
I have experience working in an additional support unit which was very challenging but also very rewarding.
I am really looking forward to getting to know all of your children and helping them to progress.
1 Large Onion,
2 Peppers (any colour) – chopped,
1 Courgette – chopped,
4 Baby Potatoes – halved,
4 Carrots – chopped,
1/2 Cauliflower – chopped.
1 Tins Tomatoes,
1/2 Fresh Red or Green Chilli – chopped,
15g Fresh Ginger – grated,
2 Cloves of garlic, mashed,
3 tsp Cinnamon,
3 tsp Cumin,
2 tsp Turmeric,
1 tsp Ground Coriander,
1 tbsp Vegetable Oil,
5 tbsp Mango Chutney,
1 Tin Coconut Milk,
4 tbsp Fresh Coriander – chopped,
1. In a large saucepan, fry the onions, all the vegetables, chilli and ground spices with a little vegetable on a medium heat until soft
2. Add the tin of tomatoes and mango chutney
3. Mix the coconut milk and fresh coriander then add to the saucepan
4. Simmer gently for 30 minutes
5. Serve with rice or a baked potato
Our pirate topic is a big hit with the Early Days toddlers.
We have had so much fun dressing up and turning our climbing corner into a pirate ship!
2 Large Onions,
2 Peppers (any colour),
2 tbsp Tomato Puree,
2 Tins Tomatoes,
1 Tin Kidney Beans
1 tsp Ground Black Pepper,
2 tsp Paprika,
1 tsp Ground Ginger,
4 tsp Cinnamon,
4 tsp Cumin,
Beef or Vegetable Stock,
1. In a large saucepan, fry the onions, peppers and all the spices with a little vegetable on a medium heat until soft
2. Add the mince and cook until brown
3. Add the tinned tomatoes, tomato puree and stock then simmer for 1 hour on a low heat
4. Add the kidney bean and cook through
5. Serve with rice, tacos or a baked potato
The toddlers at Early Days have been learning to recognise and name their facial features.
We used printed photos to look at our own facial features then we drew over their outlines.
We also used a mirror to identify our eye and hair colours – there were so many different combinations!
At snack time we made mini pizza faces too!
The following staff are on annual leave during October:
Lara – 9th to 13th October
Sonja – 16th October to 20th October
Nic – 16th October to 20th October
Jane– 16th October to 20th October
Sheena – 23rd to 27th October
1 Large Onion,
1 Teaspoon Of Black Pepper,
Chicken Or Vegetable Stock,
2 Broccoli Heads,
100ml Double Cream,
4 tablespoons of Oil, Butter Or Margarine,
8 Tablespoons for Flour,
1. Roughly chop the broccoli and onions and cook together in a pot
2. Add stock and black pepper to the pot